Commercial Front End Loader Truck Driver
Job Title: Commercial Front Load Garbage Truck Driver
Location: Brenham, Texas
Employment: Full Time
Description: Brannon Industrial Group, a leading provider in the scrap recycling and waste management solutions industry, has an immediate opening for Commercial Front Load Garbage Truck Driver in Brenham, Texas.
Responsibilities: A Commercial Front Load Garbage Truck Driver is responsible for safely operating a Company collection truck to provide prompt and courteous delivery and pick up of materials. The driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle follows the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state, and federal regulations are always adhered to while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy trucks.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to containers.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor, and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers, and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container yard.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is always operationally ready to minimize down time.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Social Security verification
- Criminal history verification
- Employment history verification
- Drug screenings
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Brannon Industrial Group is a family-owned business that offers competitive pay, insurance, 401K, profit-sharing and other benefits. Please complete this form to apply for the position of Heavy Equipment Mechanic. After clicking submit, your application will be sent to BIG. We will review your application and contact you if you meet our qualifications and needs. Thank you for your interest and for considering us as your next place of employment. The information we obtain will be valid for 60 days. Please feel free to reapply after that time frame if you haven’t received any communication from us.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Brannon Industrial Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.