Ferrous Yard Supervisor
Brannon Industrial Group, a leading provider in the scrap recycling and waste management solutions industry, has an immediate opening for an experienced Ferrous Yard Supervisor to effectively manage the daily functions of our Premier Metal Buyers facility in Brenham, Texas.
The Ferrous Yard Supervisor oversees the daily performance all Ferrous department activities. The position is a hands-on, working leadership position responsible for the overall production of the facility ensuring the achievement of production objectives. We are seeking dynamic, innovative, forward thinker. Candidates must be able to multitask, think quickly, and make sound decisions. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday with some Saturdays.
- Act as a leader and a role model for others. Coach, mentor, and develop talent within the team to build a diverse, high-performing organization.
- Promote a team environment by participating in decision-making, information sharing, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Prioritizes and schedules production that meets company performance standards, customer specifications, and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Collect, evaluate, analyze, and assess production data.
- Identifies and corrects problems and inefficiencies in process, materials, and equipment.
- Develops and implement procedures and strategies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Define key performance metrics and monitor performance to exceed KPI targets.
- Implement strategies and action plans that deliver the most efficient and effective supply chain and distribution. Consistently reduces costs through productivity gains and improvements.
- Ensures the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality and safety.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for communicating staffing needs, costs, and control measures.
- Support Leaderships business mission and vision
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Meet required deadlines.
- Previous metal scrap yard recycling experience is preferred; at least 3 years management experience.
- Basic knowledge of ferrous metals is required.
- Intermediate computer and MS Office experience
- Intermediate organizational, interpersonal, and business verbal and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards, integrity and trust are a must.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills needed.
- Ability to work with different types of employees, customers, vendors to ensure a cohesive work environment and positive customer experience.
- Ability to be flexible to changing needs of the business and adapt quickly.
- Bilingual Preferred (Spanish & English)
- 401(k) with Company matching.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit Sharing
Brannon Industrial Group is a family-owned business that offers competitive pay, insurance, 401K, profit-sharing, and other benefits. Please complete this form to apply for the position of Ferrous Yard Supervisor. After clicking submit, your application will be sent to BIG. We will review your application and contact you if you meet our qualifications and needs. Thank you for your interest and for considering us as your next place of employment. The information we obtain will be valid for 60 days. Please feel free to reapply after that time frame if you haven’t received any communication from us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year