Field Truck and Equipment Mechanic
Family owned and operated company in Brenham, TX is looking to hire an experienced field mechanic to join our team.
The field mechanic securing this position will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of company owned trucks, trailers and equipment in the field while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on Class 8 trucks, light, and heavy equipment.
• Repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, electrical systems, air brake systems and drive train components.
• Inspect components to ensure maximum parts are being reused to control repair costs.
• To perform mechanical repairs on company trucks and equipment in the most effective way feasible to service the companies needs and targeted goals.
• Receive and complete repair assignments from the Shop Manager with clear communication on progress and projected completion time.
• Completion of paperwork as required.
• Works overtime as required by workload and company needs.
- Must be able to work independently.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of hydraulic system functions, components, and the ability to troubleshoot and make the necessary repairs.
- Skilled in welding and cutting.
- Must have the ability to contribute to a professional and respectful workplace.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Social Security verification
- Criminal history verification
- Employment history verification
- Drug screenings
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Brannon Industrial Group is a family-owned business that offers competitive pay, insurance, 401K, profit-sharing and other benefits. Please complete this form to apply for the position of Field Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanic. After clicking submit, your application will be sent to BIG. We will review your application and contact you if you meet our qualifications and needs. Thank you for your interest and for considering us as your next place of employment. The information we obtain will be valid for 60 days. Please feel free to reapply after that time frame if you haven’t received any communication from us.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Brannon Industrial Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time