Fleet Management Coordinator
Job Title: Fleet Management Coordinator
Location: College Station, TX
Employment: Full Time
Description: Brannon Industrial Group has an opening for a Fleet Management Coordinator. This is a great opportunity to work for a family-owned company that continues to grow. Our staff of drivers and mechanics, as well as our fleet of vehicles and heavy equipment, are the backbone to our company. We need a strong team member to help ensure we are keeping them all running efficiently.
- Assist Shop Manager with various tasks including but not limited to:
- Update Fleetio on daily basis with necessary tracking information.
- Ensure driver records are kept current – new hire and terminations.
- Proactively manage reminders for driver’s medical and drivers licenses renewals.
- Ensure vehicle inspections are current.
- Manage tasks related to vehicle registration renewals (online and in person).
- Input expenses related to repairs and maintenance on company fleet and heavy equipment.
- Follow up with drivers to ensure they are completing pre/post vehicle inspections daily.
- Assist users at multiple site locations in College Station and Brenham for daily use of Fleetio.
- Work closely with site mechanics to ensure receipts are turned into accounting in timely manner.
- Order parts required to complete service repairs and keep record of frequently used parts to ensure there is an inventory on hand when needed. Track parts inventory records in Fleetio.
- Develop asset check out/in tracking process and monitor equipment being used.
- Assist Safety Director with DOT Compliance and ensure we are following DOT guidelines.
- Develop various tracking processes for Fleetio system to include true labor costs and costs per mile.
- Basic understanding of office equipment, tablets and laptops, copiers:
- Assist drivers with tablet problems using Fleetio.
- Train new drivers and/or mechanics on Fleetio.
- Assist with other tasks needed by shop manager and other team members as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clear written, verbal and phone etiquette skills.
- Must be easily adaptable to change while keeping a positive attitude.
- The candidate should be organized and able to pay close attention to detail while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities as the needs arise.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office required.
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of 3 years office and/or shop – working in a fast-paced environment.
- Vehicle/heavy equipment knowledge and experience a plus, but not required.
- High school diploma, some college preferred but not required if minimum of 3 years work experience is met.
- Social Security verification
- Criminal history verification
- Employment history verification
- Drug screenings
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Brannon Industrial Group is a family-owned business that offers competitive pay, insurance, 401K, profit-sharing and other benefits. Please complete this form to apply for the position of Heavy Equipment Mechanic. After clicking submit, your application will be sent to BIG. We will review your application and contact you if you meet our qualifications and needs. Thank you for your interest and for considering us as your next place of employment. The information we obtain will be valid for 60 days. Please feel free to reapply after that time frame if you haven’t received any communication from us.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Brannon Industrial Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.