BIG – Premier Metal Buyers has an opening for a Shop Manager in our Brenham, TX facility.
Job Title: Shop Manager
Location: Brenham, Texas
Employment: Full Time
Description: Brannon Industrial Group, a leading provider in the scrap recycling and waste management solutions industry, has an immediate opening for Shop Manager at our Brenham facility.
Responsibilities: Shop Manager perform multiple job duties. The Shop Manager securing this position will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations of a diesel maintenance shop. Supervises, trains, and coordinates work of mechanics and technicians. The Shop Manager maintains inventory of replacement parts, tools, and equipment required for operations. Ensures preventative maintenance and repairs meet all quality and safety standards.
Essential Duties & Expectations:
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on trucks/trailers, and heavy and light equipment
- Oversee and repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, electrical systems, air brake systems and drive train components
- Inspect components to ensure maximum parts are being reused to control repair costs
- To oversee and perform mechanical repairs on company trucks and equipment in the most effective way feasible to service the companies needs and targeted goals
- Deliver repair assignments with clear communication
- Suggests improvements to process; is a knowledge resource for team members
- Completion of paperwork as required
- Works overtime as required by workload and company needs
- Must be able to work independently
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components and repairs
- Skilled in welding and cutting
- Must have the ability to contribute to a professional and respectful workplace
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
- Background Investigation:
- Social Security verification
- Criminal history verification
- Employment history verification
- Drug screenings
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Brannon Industrial Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.