5 items (and a project) to make the most of your time and money while stuck at home during Coronavirus
Are you stuck at home with the extended shut-down of schools and canceled events? BIG (Brannon Industrial Group) is open and ready to help. Take some time to go through your house and yard and see what you might have that can be recycled. We buy scrap metal at Premier Metal Buyers (a BIG company) so that stuff lying around could earn you some cash.
Getting the most from your scrap metal
First, a little bit of information on how to get the most money for your scrap. There are so many different types and grades of metal that it’s difficult to figure out what can and can’t be recycled.
Number one, grab a magnet. You need to figure out if your item is ferrous or non-ferrous. Ferrous metals are all magnetic (like iron and steel). BIG takes both types.
Which type of metal is worth more?
Probably a big question you have is which type is worth more?
Ferrous scrap metal is very prevalent so those prices may be lower than non-ferrous metals (which are in shorter supply). Prices of some metals can change drastically depending on market needs. If you have a specific question about rates before you head out, give us a call at 979-830-9060.
Now, suggestions for recycling.
Here are just a few of the items we pay you for!
- Pots and pans – Take a look through your kitchen cabinets and see if you have any old unusable aluminum pots and pans.
- Old lawn chairs – Check out your back yard. Got any of those lightweight, aluminum patio chairs? Take off that plastic weave or handles and bring them down.
- Aluminum Cans – rinse them out, please! Soda, beans, whatever is in them, they are worth some money.
- Stainless steel sinks, copper and brass faucets, copper pipes – Moving on to your bathroom, many of the common plumbing items in your bathroom can be recycled. If you are renovating your kitchen or bathroom, set the copper pipe aside, as it’s one of the higher-priced scrap metals to recycle at Premier Metal Buyers.
- Technology – Old laptops, towers, power outlets, and surge protectors. Who would have thought all that money you spent could net you a little bit back?
A longer list
Those are just 5 areas that could net you some cash. Below is a longer list of possible items for scrap metal. What do you have at your house?
- #2 Copper Tubing (Copper wire-extension cords, Etc…)
- Sheet Aluminum (Aluminum Cans)
- Aluminum Siding
- Aluminum Car/Truck Rims
- Aluminum/Copper Radiators (From air conditioners)
- Cast Aluminum
- Cast Iron Skillets
- Light Iron
- Electric Motors
- Scrap Cars
- Car Batteries
- Plumbing Brass
- Stainless Steel (Non-Magnetic)
- ANYTHING MADE FROM STEEL!!
Not only will you make some money, you are helping the environment. Everyone wins and you found a project to do with the kids. Stay healthy and stay safe!